1 Source Information Assurance Security Specialist in Washington, District Of Columbia
Duties and Responsibilities:
1Source is seeking an* IA Security Specialist* to work on site in Washington, DC supporting a Federal Government Client. Areas of responsibility, in order of criticality, include:
- Support Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A;) activities
- Serve as IT Security POC responsible for assessing and documenting changes in configurations of assigned system.
- Responsible for actively reviewing, updating as required, and monitoring all security controls for a designated system as part of the Continuous Monitoring activities.
- Prepare, review, and/or update, and maintain IT Security supporting artifacts
- Must be proficient in Excel and MS Word
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, prepare, execute, and document the results of test plans and test scripts for IT Security User Acceptance Testing for development, maintenance, and enhancement projects involving FOD's applications
- Provide IT System Security consultation for major application change/development efforts, as required, including but not limited to, attending meetings with development teams to ensure that IT security is built into the design/requirement documents
- Plan, coordinate, support, and assess system vulnerability scans and assessments, and assist in completing remedial actions, as necessary
- Support audits, reviews, assessments, and analyses
- Coordinate, support, and assist in preparing for internal and external IT System Security reporting requirements
- Coordinate, support, and assist in the completion of POA&M; remediation efforts
- Plan, schedule, coordinate, prepare, execute, document the results of test plans and test scripts, and provide lessons learned for incident response, contingency, and continuity of operations drills, exercises, and activities
- Review and provide comments on, and implement NIST, OMB, Enterprise Cyber-Security Division IT security policies, procedures, and other authoritative IT security guidance
- Implement and support Continuous Monitoring Plan and Strategy Plan
- Provide IT security guidance to Authorizing Officials, Information System Owners, and the Contracting Officer's Representative
- Initiate, coordinate, support, and document all IT Security related meetings
- Plan, develop, implement, and maintain an Incident Response and Audit Program for events of interest
- Develop, coordinate, support, and implement IT security training, as required
- Must be a US Citizen and hold an active Public Trust background investigation.
- 5+ years of experience in Information Assurance preferably in a Federal Government environment.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Information Technology or a related field.
- Must have excellent writing and communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Excel and MS Word
- Experience preparing, reviewing, updating, and maintaining IT Security supporting artifacts.
- Must have experience implementing and supporting Continuous Monitoring Plan and Strategy Plan.
- Experience with all aspects of Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A;) activities including the preparation, review, and revision of IT security artifacts in support of the SA&A.;
- Must be able to write and communicate technical information to an audience of multiple different levels of expertise.
- Experience with Incident Response and Audit program (plan, develop, implement, and maintain).
- Experience with Vulnerability Scans and Assessments and assist in completing remedial actions.
- Ability to coordinate, support, and assist in the completion of POA&M; remediation efforts.
- Proven experience in planning, scheduling, coordinating, preparing and documenting the results of test plans and test scripts for IT Security User Acceptance Testing for development, maintenance, and enhancement projects involving applications.
- Experience with Federal government financial management applications is strongly preferred.
- Current industry relevant certifications (CISSP, CAP, CISM, etc.)
1 Source in accordance with applicable law, does not discriminate in hiring or otherwise in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
1 Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives for diversity. Careers with 1 Source feature excellent growth, very competitive health and welfare benefits, and 401(k) program with a Company match.
Location: Washington, DC
Security Clearance Eligibility: Public Trust with Active Government Background Investigation