Hire IT People, LLC Identity and Authentication Sec Eng. in washington, District Of Columbia
Identity and Authentication Sec Eng.
Sign up for similar job alert!
Job ID :
5/15/18 + possible extensions
5 months ago
Required Skills - Identity and Authentication Sec. Eng., Secure Authentication Systems, PKI, S/Mime, SSL.
The Identity and Authentication Security Engineer/Admin will be responsible for technical support to security technologies supporting implementation and operations of the multi-layer secure authentication infrastructure.
The Identity and Authentication Security Engineer/Admin will be responsible for technical support to security technologies supporting implementation, evolution and operations of the multi-layer authentication infrastructure.
The Identity and Authentication Security Engineer/Admin will provide onsite and remote support to the District Authentication Systems (Secure Multi-factor, Active Directory, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) solutions, S/Mime, SSL). He/she will Partner with system and application teams including Enterprise Architecture to determine/create integration strategies/patterns that allow secure access across district programs and applications.
Provide support services to define security requirements, identify the appropriate configuration for each unique District environment, and perform tasks associated with the day-to-day operations and maintenance on installed Cyber Security systems and applications.
• Experience with Secure Authentication Systems, deployment and operation
• Experience with Managed Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) Solution, deployment and operation
• Experience with Wireless Authentication, OTP and multi-factor authentication platforms
• Experience with Active Directory, LDAP, Radius, NTLM, SAML, AADL, IWA and Open directory platforms
• Experience with RSA Secure ID, Cisco ACS, SecureAuth, OneLogin, Okta
• Experience with strong authentication technologies and protocols (PKI, S/Mime, SSL)
• Troubleshooting, Scanning & Analysis tools
• Networking and Network Operations
• Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or equivalent data security and networking experience required
• CISSP, CISM, or relevant IPS Vendor training/certification preferred
• Background check and credit check will be required
Experience and Skills
Specific knowledge, skills, and abilities required by the incumbent to successfully fulfill the Major Duties and perform the Tasks required for this position include:
• Server Administration background – Windows and/or Linux/Unix
• Knowledge of network security architecture concepts, including topology, protocols, components, and principles (e.g., application of defense-in-depth).
• Knowledge of defense-in-depth principles and network security architecture.
• Knowledge of communication methods, principles, and concepts that support network infrastructure
• Skill in implementing the methods, standards, and approaches for describing, analyzing, and documenting an organization's enterprise IT architecture
• Skill in analyzing and securing an enterprise architecture
• Knowledge of engineering concepts
• Skill in integrating and supporting information system security architecture
• Analysis, design, configuration, implementation, documentation and operation of Intrusion Prevention System devices.
• Manage system deployments, upgrades, ongoing maintenance and operations.
• Configuration and operation of security device authentication, management & logging platforms.
• Assist in requirement gathering related to implementation of security infrastructure technology solutions across enterprise and service provider networks.
• Provide Tier3 support for NOC personnel troubleshooting network issues.
• Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve complex network connectivity issues as well as advise on network security related issues.
• Provide occasional off-hours support for planned maintenance work and unplanned support issues. May occasionally require on-site work at a data center during off-hours.
• No travel anticipated
CONTRACT JOB DESCRIPTION
Coordinates IT project management, engineering, maintenance, QA, and risk management.
Plans, coordinates, and monitors project activities.
Develops technical applications to support users.
Develops, implements, maintains and enforces documented standards and procedures for the design, development, installation, modification, and documentation of assigned systems.
Provides training for system products and procedures.
Performs application upgrades.
Performs, monitoring, maintenance, or reporting on real- time databases, real-time network and serial data communications, and real-time graphics and logic applications.
Ensures project life-cycle is in compliance with District standards and procedures.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience