Ukpeagvik Iñupiat Corporation/Bowhead Family of Companies Functional Systems Analyst in Washington, District Of Columbia
Functional Systems Analyst
Full Time / Part-Time
Up to 25%
FUNCTIONAL SYSTEMS ANALYST (PEOIS-17-1171-F):
Bowhead seeks a dynamic and experienced Functional Systems Analyst to support eBusiness or ePSP leadership and business office teams in the planning, execution and implementation of design development /changes and implementations. The Functional Systems Analyst
requires knowledge and experience in working with Standard Procurement System (SPS) procurement legacy system or Standard Labor Data Collection and Distribution Application (SLDCADA) timekeeping system. ePS = experience in working with SPS or other legacy
DoN procurement systems.
Essential functions will include:
• The Functional Systems Analyst uses industry knowledge and best practices to improve business process and adopt new commercial practices as applicable.
• Ensures efforts are consistent with Department of the Navy (DON), Department of Defense (DoD), and Congressional goals, objectives and mandates.
• Ability to take direction and self-initiates the tasks needed to accomplish.
• Ability to complete templates, forms, formatting, and the basics of what to look for and automatically edit in a document.
• Prepare and review correspondence (e.g., minutes, information papers, reports, queries) for grammatical errors, proper tone, accuracy, clarity, and formatting. Make corrections and retypes as necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Seven to ten (7-10) years’ of DoN Business IT Systems experience and knowledge.
• Experience within the eBusiness or ePS (or legacy) systems.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Physical Demands: The office environmental conditions consist of computer stations and desks with adequate and adjustable lighting. Chairs are designed to fit the various individuals and the tasks being performed. Ergonomic evaluations are completed as needed,
to provide up to date modifications to all work stations.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska
Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained
within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance (http://www.uicalaska.com/contact-us/human-resources/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Alexandria, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
^ Link to Apply: https://rn21.ultipro.com/UKP1001/jobboard/NewCandidateExt.aspx?__JobID=18523
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41