Internal Revenue Service Equal Employment Specialist in Washington, District Of Columbia
About the Agency
WHAT DOES AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY SPECIALIST*DO?*As an Equal Employment Opportunity you will be responsible for developing and supporting many programs, including Federal Equal Opportunity Recruitment, Affirmative Employment, Special Emphasis Programs, Diversity, Persons with Disabilities, and Prevention of Sexual Harassment. In this position, you will provide service, guidance and training to employees and to managers on all EEO process matters and conduct studies to solve broad, difficult and complex equal employment opportunity problems through systematic fact finding, analysis and consulting efforts.
WHAT IS THE*TAXPAYER ADVOCATE SERVICE*DIVISION?If you're ready for a challenging career opportunity, consider a career with the Internal Revenue Service Taxpayer Advocate Service (TAS). The Taxpayer Advocate Service is an independent organization within the IRS. The TAS mission is to assist taxpayers in resolving their problems with the IRS (Case Advocacy), and to identify and propose administrative and legislative solutions to mitigate those problems (Systemic Advocacy).
Position is located in TAS EEO, 1111 Constitution Ave NW, Washington, DC 20224 (DC0022) (1 vacancy).
As an Equal Employment Opportunity Specialist you will:
- Perform complex assignments related to the management or implementation of EEO Programs, such as Complaint Processing, Affirmative Employment, Reasonable Accommodations, Sexual Harassment, and Diversity.
- Review legislative and program proposals to determine overall impact on EEO programs and initiatives and makes appropriate modifications.
- Initiate studies of occupations in which discrimination is apparent and formulate corrective action for implementation.
- Develop technical advice and guidance to all levels of management by interpreting, clarifying and developing guidelines for program implementation.
- Implement programs to educate managers, supervisors and employees in order to enhance their understanding and gain their acceptance of IRS EEO and Diversity Programs.
- Collect, analyze, and prepare EEO statistical data, comprehensive reports, notes trends, and/or omissions, conduct studies, organizational reviews, and workforce analysis to identify systemic equal employment problems within the Service. WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov
- Occasional Travel
- 1-5 nights per month
- Please refer to "Conditions of Employment."
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
GS- 13 LEVEL: You must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal Service. Specialized experience for this position includes: demonstrated accomplishment of EEO and Diversity project assignments that required a wide range of knowledge of investigative and training requirements and techniques. This knowledge is generally demonstrated by assignments where you analyzed a number of alternative approaches in the process of advising management concerning major aspects of inquires/investigations in which you interpreted, explained and applied knowledge of EEO laws, regulations, and administrative decisions to negotiate and resolve unprecedented, broad, difficult and complex problems; Utilizing fact finding, analytical, problem solving, investigative, and interviewing methods and techniques; and organizing and presenting facts, findings, conclusions, and recommendations in a logical manner. **-The experience may have been gained in the public sector, private sector or VolunteerService. One year of experience refers to full-timework; part-timework is considered on a prorated basis.
- To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week, on your resume.
In addition to the above requirements, you must meet the following, if applicable:
You must have been at the next lower grade level of the grade you are applying to for 52 weeks (time-in-grade requirement).
Public Trust - Background Investigation
What To Expect Next
You may check the status of your application for this position at any time by logging onto the USAJOBS “My Account” tab and clicking on “Application Status.” For a more detailed update of your application status, you may click on “more information.”
Please notify us if your contact information changes after the closing date of the announcement. Also, note that if you provide an email address that is inaccurate or if your mailbox is full or blocked (e.g., spam-blocker), you may not receive important communication that could affect your consideration for this position.
Review our benefits
POSITION DESCRIPTIONS: 92898**A PM/C SharePoint site is available for IRS Employees at: https://organization.ds.irsnet.gov/sites/HCOETS/PMC/SPDLibrary/SitePages/Home.aspx
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT*:*
- We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
- This is a non-bargainingunit position.
- Alternative work schedule, staggered work hours or telework may be available.
- Tour of Duty: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- The employment of any candidate, including a current employee or a new hire, selected for this position may be conditional upon classification and/or audit of federal tax returns. This audit may include up to 2 years of returns.
- File a Confidential Financial Disclosure Report within 30 days of selection and annually from then on.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472408800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $94,796.00 to $123,234.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0260-13/13
Promotion Potential: 13
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Current IRS employees on a Career or Career Conditional appt. in the competitive service
Control Number: 472408800
Job Announcement Number: 17CS1-TAN0508-0260-13-BL