Microsoft Corporation Account Executive in Washington DC, District Of Columbia
Microsoft’s America Enterprise Services, Civilian & SI region is searching for a services sales professional who has direct experience in selling & managing complex services engagements in the Federal Civilian space. This role will focus on customer relations with Social Security Administration (SSA) and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). This role requires a solid understanding on U.S. Federal Government and Microsoft’s technology, competitive position, and experience in the selling of large, complex and strategic information technology projects for large government customers. The candidate must possess a demonstrated fluency calling on high-level business & technical decision makers (CTO, CIO, CFO) with IT project-specific outcomes.
This position will work closely with the Sales Account Executives responsible for product sales in developing and executing the overall services strategy for our Federal Civilian Health customers.
As a Services Account Executive, you will propose, manage and execute on customer contracts in order to achieve your personal revenue and overall business financial outcomes. goals. To achieve these goals successfully, you will make decisions regarding the development and maintenance of client and partner relationships, work closely with the sales account teams in order to create and deliver a successful services sales strategy and leverage service offerings to address our customer’s missions and business needs. In order to understand the client business objectives and deliver services engagements, you will interface intimately with the client at all levels of the organization. In addition, you will lead account strategy and planning sessions with local and virtual Microsoft teams, which will include individuals from legal, sales, services delivery, product development, product support and our 3rd party partners. You will deliver weekly & quarterly sales forecasts and customer feedback on trends, opportunities and challenges in order to benchmark and forecast your business.
• Working experience and knowledge of the Federal Contract Management and Acquisition Regulations
• Creating a services business development plan in conjunction with the Software Account Executives for a specific customer base
• Prospecting and qualifying opportunities for consulting services (architectural, advisory, development and deployment services) and support services
• Scoping the engagement utilizing various Microsoft technical resources, including key consultants, architects and Program Managers
• Negotiating business, technical and cost proposal offerings with business and technical customer decision makers
• Preparing the proposals, statements of work & corresponding contracts and shepherding them through the Microsoft and Federal contracting and procurement processes
• Providing weekly forecast updates to management for new work sold
• Work with Microsoft partners to develop competitive opportunity pursuit strategies, develop Microsoft workshare, negotiate Teaming Agreements
• Participate in resource planning, lead proposal response and coordination efforts for competitive RFP/RFQs.
Government consulting and solution selling experience required.
All applicants much have a majority of the following qualifications:
• Undergraduate or graduate degree in business, computer science or engineering and at least 10 years relevant working experience
• Strong business development and software, solutions and / or value services sales skills.
• Strong written, verbal and communication skills (including proposal writing and presentation building)
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to team with Sales, Technical, and Operations resources
• Strong understanding and experience with incorporating third-party participants into a single customer proposal
• A solid understanding of Microsoft’s business value proposition and products, including how solutions are built, and what is involved in implementing solutions with customers
• Adaptability, flexibility and the ability to do quality work under tight deadlines
• Able to manage a frequent travel schedule (up to 50%)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.