EDMC Receptionist in Washington Arlington, Virginia
The successful candidate will be responsible for answering all switchboard phone calls and providing service to all incoming visitors. Incumbent must assure that the EDMC philosophy: quality services to clients; development, growth, involvement, and recognition of employees; sound economic principles; and environment which is conducive to innovation, positive thinking and expansion - is considered in carrying out the duties and responsibilities of this position.
Key Job Elements
- Responsible for answering incoming calls. Route calls promptly and correctly to the proper staff person or voicemail, correctly and politely take messages when necessary.
- Greet visitors in a friendly, welcoming and professional manner and direct them to their proper destination.
- Assist as necessary with special admission events.
- Assist with data entry and special projects as needed.
- Assist with the execution of direct mail and bulk mail projects.
- Perform any other duties as needed.
Reports To: Dependent on location structure Directly Supervises: None Interacts With: All staff of the department and interacts with school personnel
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience with a multiple line busy switchboard. Skills:
Strong communication skills.
- Stong customer service and organizational skills.
- Basic computer literacy and ability to type a minimum of 30 words per minute.
Professional telephone manner. Abilities:
Ability to interact effectively as a member of a team and work collaboratively with other departments.
- Ability to listen to customers (e.g. students, staff, etc.) and to understand and respond positively to their requests.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Must be flexible and willing to assist with various clerical functions.
Work Environment & Notice
Work Environment The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The term "qualified individual with a disability" means an individual with a disability who, with or without reasonable accommodation, can perform the essential functions of the position. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to communicate professionally in person, over the telephone, through email and other electronic means, move about the office or school, handle various types of media and equipment, and visually or otherwise identify, observe and assess. The employee is occasionally required to lift up to 10 pounds unless otherwise specified in the job description.
Notice The intent of this job description is to provide a representative and level of the types of duties and responsibilities that will be required of positions given this title and shall not be construed as a declaration of the total of the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular position. Employees may be directed to perform job-related tasks other than those specifically presented in this description. Education Management Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity as a critical step in ensuring employee, student and graduate success. We are committed to building and developing a diverse environment where a variety of ideas, cultures and perspectives can thrive.
Division: The Art Institutes
Minimum Education Required: High School Diploma / GED
Job Code: 11000
Location: Art Institute of Washington Arlington, VA 22209, US
Open Date: 06/19/2017
Travel Required: 0 - 20%