Solutions By Design II, LLC Agile Project Manager in Vienna, Virginia
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is seeking an Agile Project Manager to join our team in support of our Federal customer. The Agile Project Manager will lead a team responsible for the operations and maintenance and enhancements in support of a mission-focused federal government application and environment. The PM will support customer-facing collaboration as well as support corporate initiatives for growth and innovation. The ideal candidate will have intensive and progressive experience in Project Management. Additional duties include:
- Develop, maintain, and grow strong relationships with customer organization
- Participate in ongoing project and corporate level continuing process improvement initiatives
- Support business unit program and business development efforts, as a member of the business unit leadership team
- Develop and implement agile approach for enhancements
- Provide agile coaching to government and contractor staff team members
- Ability to manage contract and ensure all deliverables are met at highest levels of quality and excellence
- Serve as the day-to-day contact between SBD project team members and corporate offices
- Effective organization skills able to manage a team of 5-8 staff
- Ability to recognize and respond to problems, issues, and risks
- Ability to independently manage project budgets to include baseline, forecast, and actual tracking
- Review and approve invoices in a timely manner
- Effective time management
- Perform project management activities to include:
- Financial management
- Project status tracking
- Deliverable tracking
- Analysis of project data and reporting
- Action item tracking
- Risk and Issue Management
- Development and maintenance of materials to communicate Project status
- Documenting lessons learned and issue resolution
- Support weekly customer meetings
- Develop comprehensive and professional briefings to provide project status and information. Record and distribute meeting minutes/action items when required.
- Support meeting coordination and facilitation to include preparing agendas, tracking action items, managing risks and issues, and disseminating project supporting documentation
- Understanding of how to manage and support technical resources in application development and data warehousing
- Ability to manage mixed employee/subcontractor teams
- Approve timesheets
- Develop of staff performance goals and performance evaluation duties
- Perform all corporate required quality activities
- Must have a positive team player attitude
- Must be organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional, diplomatic, and tactful manner.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of project management experience;
- Minimum of seven (7) years of communication experience - facilitating meetings and presentations and writing project documentation.
- Five (5) years of experience managing medium to large software development initiatives and teams, including:
- Large, complex software development efforts involving parallel development and O&M; efforts.
- Large, complex software programs with multi-tier architecture, multiple components and subcomponents, web-based front-ends, and mission-critical service level requirements.
- Familiarity with a heterogeneous mix of technologies, platforms, and databases.
- Certified Agile Scum Master
- Project Management Professional
- ITIL Foundations, desired
- US Citizenship is required along with the ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance
Solutions By Design II, LLC (SBD) is committed to the development of a creative, diverse and inclusive work environment. In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at SBD will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. SBD does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, IWDs, Veteran Status or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as "protected status").
Location: Vienna, VA
Date Posted: Date Posted: