Ellucian Software Support Analyst in Reston, Virginia
Auto req ID 2381BR
Posting Title Software Support Analyst
Functional Area Customer Success
Job Posting Location(s) US-Remote
Ellucian is the world’s leading provider of software, services and insight to higher education. Ellucian helps the higher education community—students, faculty, and staff—achieve their goals more efficiently, effectively, and with reduced risk. Ellucian’s comprehensive suite of software solutions includes student information systems (SIS), finance and HR systems, recruiting and retention systems, among other offerings. With more than 1,500 institutions subscribing to Ellucian’s cloud services and SaaS offerings, the company is one of the largest providers of cloud-based solutions. Ellucian also supports the higher education community with a range of professional services, such as application software implementation, training, education, and management consulting. More than 2,400 institutions in 40 countries rely on Ellucian to help enable the mission of higher education.
-LOCATION - REMOTE FROM HOME (ANYWHERE IN THE US)- NO TRAVEL
-MUST have Colleague product experience (Preferred - Colleague ST, AR, Student Self-Service, eCommerce)
-f/t salaried role
You will add value by:
• Providing technical support and expertise to Ellucian Colleague system users, internal Ellucian staff and to the support staff of partner companies.
• Performing technical troubleshooting covering data migrations, interoperability, middleware, performance and product related issues.
• Effectively using company tools and software to record information about the technical infrastructure, problem reports, troubleshooting steps and processes and resolution steps for customer reported issues
• Actively contributing and working to continually improve customer self-help through the publication technically accurate knowledge base articles.
• Coordinating problem resolution with other team members, escalation resources, Ellucian engineering, Ellucian testing and partner companies to ensure open communication of issues and resolutions.
• Participating in the definition and implementation of processes to address all questions, concerns and ideas of customers that are submitted electronically or by phone.
• Contributing as an active member of the Ellucian customer success team by providing open and honest feedback to others, supporting the rest of the team and creating an environment of optimism and achievement.
• Understanding of client business processes to handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for unique user problems. Independently deals with complex problems.
• Previous experience working in a technical analyst capacity providing enterprise level support.
*preferred experience with Colleague Self Service (Student Planning) - this is nice to have experience
• Able to read and understand programming languages such as Envision, SQL, Java, C, C++, Visual Basic, and/or HTML is required.
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of 5-8 years of work experience working with large complex systems. Minimum of 3 years of experience in a professional technical environment.
• Team-oriented individual who values opportunities to build the skills and capabilities of others, a strong sense of the possible, and a real desire to improve customer experience.
• Understanding of the technical building blocks of the Ellucian Colleague software.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required. Must be able to understand the various levels of technical skills and knowledge of individuals within the group.
• Works independently with minimal supervision. Must be able to problem solve with proven results. Excellent technical skills are required. Must be flexible with work schedule.