Adams Communication & Engineering Technology Senior Accountant in Reston, Virginia
- Assist in accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general ledger activities in order to ensure complete and accurate processing of accounting records.
- Assist with timesheet and payroll processing ensuring that labor distribution is posted and salaries, taxes and benefits are paid in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintain the general ledger integrity and assist in the preparation of financial statements and other ad hoc information as requested.
- Maintain fixed assets schedule
- Assist in coordination with outside accounting firms, DCAA/DCMA, and other cognizant agencies
- Responsible for the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Interface with other departments and staff to effect completion of the accounting close.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Corporate Controller or CFO
Must have a strong accounting background (5 years experience minimally)
5+ years of progressive accounting experience in government contracting environment required
Previous Deltek Costpoint experience required
Knowledge of GAAP, FAR and CAS required
Quickbooks expertize required
Nice to Have Skills: Cognos, Deltek T&E;, Costpoint Enterprise Reporting and Advanced Excel preferred.
Level of Education Required:Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field.
Job Locations: US - VA - Reston
Clearance Level Required: No clearance
# of Openings: 1