ASRC Federal Holding Company Application Engineer in Reston, Virginia
We are hiring two application engineers for our Reston, VA location of ASRC Federal.
The Sr. Application Engineer will be part of an agile systems integration and engineering support services team that supports defense health interoperability products and DoD’s mission to deploy an industry leading electronic health record (EHR) system. The engineer will oversee and execute deployment of the products across development, testing, integration, and sustainment environments and will integrate the products with other defense health systems, veteran’s healthcare systems, and private sector healthcare providers and information exchanges.
- Integrating five custom-built defense health systems, multiple COTS products, and a growing number of interfaces with external systems to ensure seamless and reliable flow of health data.
- Using industry leading tools, such as IBM UrbanCode and GitHub, to continuously improve software release and installation processes.
- Resolving complex client application, integration, and environment issues, including identification of code defects, product configuration errors, and certificate problems.
- Implementing automated application and environment monitoring tools.
- Analyzing and studying complex system requirements and providing recommendations to client leadership on new technologies and processes to consider in future system development efforts.
Requirements: 3-7 years in systems administration, application engineering, or software development US Citizenship with an active Secret clearance; candidates with an inactive or an ability to get a Secret clearance will be considered
Education, Skills and Abilities: BS/BA in Computer Science, MIS or other related field desired Proficiency with Java EE, JBoss EAP, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, WS Frameworks, SOAP, REST, Oracle or SQL Server, JBoss, and WebSphere, with a deep willingness and desire to learn new technologies
ASRC Federal (DNC) is a rapidly growing Federal Government contractor providing IT and program management support services and solutions. DNC was acquired by ASRC Federal in November 2015 and has a robust infrastructure for managing and growing business including back office systems; CMMI ML3, ISO, SAFe; and a wealth of small, unrestricted, and 8(a) vehicles for pursuing new business. ASRC Federal DNC is an International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2008 registered company and has achieved Software Engineering Institute’s Capability Maturity Model Integration (SEI-CMMI) Maturity Level 3 through an independent appraisal.
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Job: *Customer Supt & Tech Training
Title: Application Engineer
Location: VA, Reston, VA, United States
Requisition ID: 17000669