The MITRE Corporation Senior/Lead Wireless Systems Engineer in McLean, Virginia
JobTitle Senior/Lead Wireless Systems Engineer
Job Highlights MITRE seeks an experienced and self-starting engineer and subject matter expert to help support a Sponsor office in the area of wireless communications in direct support of missions. This position will be located at a Sponsor site, evaluating potential technologies and solutions and developing/implementing strategies to best use them in support of critical national missions.
Why Should I Consider MITRE?
Working at MITRE at http://www.mitre.org/careers/working-at-mitre
• Perform hands-on technical analysis and execute engineering studies to make recommendations for improvements in products using wireless technology across the Sponsor problem space.
• Apply and substantiate engineering judgment and make recommendations on Sponsor’s development concepts and products.
• Design and develop technical experiments to answer or validate mission critical technical questions.
• Engage with external stakeholders to understand technical requirements
• Work with Sponsor to ensure capability is fully utilized and value is fully leveraged
• Work in a dynamic environment addressing cutting-edge technology challenges and be able to approach new problems where a solution does not already exist.
• Lead small teams of subject matter experts (SMEs) to address specific tasks as necessary.
Location VA: McLean Campus
• Experience applying knowledge of:
o Wireless network trends and developments to include both mobile devices and wireless networking protocols.
o Sponsor mission constraints and requirements
o 4G/LTE, WCDMA, GSM, MIMO, Android
• Excellent written and verbal communication. This is a sponsor facing position.
• Self-starter with initiative and vision
Commercial wireless industry experience
Wireless analysis tool assessment and evaluation
Knowledge of Sponsor mission area
Minimum Education/ Experience BS and 8 years related experience.
Travel Statement *This position will require overnight travel up to 15 % of the time as well as some local travel.
Clearance SCI w/Poly
To be eligible for consideration for this position you must have a current Government Polygraph clearance.
Relocation Assistance Provided No
Career Level Experienced
Professional Area Engineering
Req ID 29101BR