The MITRE Corporation Lead AWS Engineer in McLean, Virginia
JobTitle Lead AWS Engineer
Job Highlights Provide engineering and architecture services focused on moving the applications designated by the sponsor into the government’s target AWS cloud environment. Engineer will provide technical consulting on AWS architecture, design, implementation and integration.
Why Should I Consider MITRE?
Working at MITRE at http://www.mitre.org/careers/working-at-mitre
Responsibilities will include:
• Develop, integrate, and deploy Java code, including source code control management
• Configure, tune, deploy, and back up ElasticSearch clusters
• Implement TLS certificate use and deployment
• Analyze cloud infrastructure and recommend improvements for performance gains and cost efficiencies.
• Baseline system administration tasks and prepare for transition to O&M resource
• Prepare documentation for configuration and install procedures
Location VA: McLean Campus
• Support in the definition of the overall AWS support/management framework for the sponsor, to include by not limited to:
o AWS component provisioning
o VPC design and hardening
o Security architecture development and implementation
o Administration and deployment of ElasticSearch clusters
• Prototyping exemplar components to support architectural standards
o Technology insertion
o Automation scripts and tools
o Migration tools
• Prototyping components of the sponsor AWS infrastructure and middleware/common services framework
o System designs
o Data access controls
o Security implementations
o DevOps Integration
Preferred Qualifications Experience with Chef infrastructure management
Minimum Education/ Experience BS and 8 years related experience.
Travel Statement *This position will require overnight travel up to 5 % of the time as well as some local travel.
Clearance SCI w/Poly
To be eligible for consideration for this position you must have a current Government Polygraph clearance.
Relocation Assistance Provided No
Career Level Experienced
Professional Area Information Technology
Req ID 29098BR