Adams Communication & Engineering Technology Systems Engineer (Cyber) in Herndon, Virginia
Adams Communication and Engineering Technology (ACET) is seeking a Systems Engineer (Cyber) for our Northern, Virginia location.
Qualified candidates must have an active Top Secret Clearance
About ACET: Adams Communication & Engineering Technology (ACET), Incorporated is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) system engineering and information technology firm, headquartered in Maryland and Virginia. Incorporated in 1999, we support mission critical Information Technology (IT) business needs for clients within the intelligence community (IC), Department of Defense (DOD), Veteran Administration (VA) and for select commercial clients. ACET, Inc.’s technical, programmatic, and analytical professionals are experts in commercial technology, customized solutions, and proprietary government systems.
This is a challenging position for an experienced Cyber Security Engineer to work on a new, highly visible, consultation service team providing encryption and security engineering expertise and guidance to project teams and system implementers.
- The selected candidate will communicate with team leads and senior leadership, assess changes, and rapidly change direction in support of new and/or changing requirements.
- Providing system security architecture, design, and cryptographic service implementation advice.
- Assisting teams in understanding and addressing system security issues identified during the assessment process.
- Investigating new technologies, as well as Type 2 and commercial cryptographic products
- Seven or more years of demonstrated on-the-job experience in two (2) or more of the following areas: Network; host; data or application security in multiple operating system environments.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access lists.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with Internet, web, application, and network security techniques.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience developing documentation to meet security requirements and guidance.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with relevant operating system security (such as Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.).
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience with Cross Domain Solutions that transfer data between networks operating at different classification levels.
- Demonstrated on-the-job experience working with AWS (Amazon Web Services) architecture and other cloud computing environments.
- CISSP – Certified Information Systems Security Professional;
- CEH - Certified Ethical Hacker;
- GIAC – Global Information Assurance Certification
Job Locations: US-VA-Herndon
Clearance Level Required: Top Secret
# of Openings: 2
Travel Required: ..