PNC Relationship Manager I - Business Banking in Frederick, Maryland
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
101366 Relationship Mgr I - BB
Handles relationship management activities with new and/or existing clients in a book of business to grow sales, revenue and market share with relevant sales goals. Typically works with clients with basic levels of risk and complexity of needs. Generally works with higher degree of supervision.
With direction, acquires and/or expands and retains client relationships to generate revenue and deepen share of wallet. Handles the origination, financial analysis, negotiation and documentation of credit and non-credit products and services.
Manages risk/return and drives quality for new and/or existing clients. Actively identifies and mitigates different types of risk, such as regulatory, reputational, operational and credit risks.
Focuses on client opportunities by providing ideas and insights based on an understanding of the client's needs and their financial well-being. Focuses on increasing client engagement and loyalty.
Builds an effective network of internal and external relationships, such as community and industry relationships, to actively acquire new clients and/or expand existing clients and enhance the client experience. Focuses on bringing entire bank to the client by presenting the full range of PNC's products and services. Leverages reporting and sales tools to proactively identify and successfully convert sales opportunities.
As defined with the business, demonstrates ability to analyze, evaluate and mitigate credit risk by utilizing knowledge of credit fundamentals and internal credit policies.
MD - Frederick
Relationship Manager I - Business Banking
Line of Business:
Retail Banking - Business Banking
MD178 - 40 West Branch
Total Hours Per Week:
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
MD - Frederick
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Tech Savvy - Working Experience
- Advise, educate and engage clients on a variety of technological tools and resources allowing them to explore solutions to achieve their goals and financial well being.
Prospecting. - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to identify and engage potential opportunities in the market. Build relationships and create opportunities. Plan, strategize and target the right industries. Create value propositions with impact.
Sales Negotiating - Basic Experience
- Applies successful financial sale solutions to negotiation concepts and techniques; ability to negotiate successfully across the organization and with customers in a constructive and collaborative manner. Negotiate structures and closes customer sales.
Selling. - Working Experience
- Applies diverse tools, tactics and techniques to persuade customers to buy an array from the suite of banking products or services. Identifies prospecting approaches to identifying potential customers and creates opportunities in order to sell financial solutions and ideas to customers.
Customer Experience Management. - Working Experience
- Implements the strategies and techniques used to ensure that customers have a positive experience with the organization and its products and services at every touch point.
Business Acumen - Working Experience
- Knowledge, insight, and understanding of business concepts, tools, and processes that are needed for making sound decisions in the context of the company's business; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Working Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Working Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Client Relationship Management - Working Experience
- Knowledge and ability to determine and satisfy client needs and maintain a partnering relationship during engagements; includes influencing, communicating, presenting, facilitating, managing and developing others.
Cross-Selling. - Basic Experience
- Ability to utilize tools and techniques for understanding the needs of customers; markets to clients a full suite of bank products. Promotes financial ideas and solutions from new or existing relationships resulting in increased revenue generation.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
As Relationship Manager within PNC's Business Banking organization, you will be based in Frederick, Maryland.