U.S. Army Sustainment Command Transportation Assistant (Personal Property) in Fort Belvoir, Virginia
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:This position is located in the Transportation Division of the Logistics Readiness Center Fort Belvoir. The Logistics Readiness Center mission is to maintain a highly trained workforce that is knowledgeable, adaptive, innovative, and mission focused capable of providing a consistent level of customer recognized quality service across all areas of logistical support.
This is a Career Program (CP) - 24 position.
Who May Apply:Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employee with the Department of the Army
- Current Permanent Department of Defense (DOD) - Civilian Employee (non-Army)
- Current Permanent Federal Civilian Employee (non-DOD)
- Former Federal Employee, eligible for reinstatement
- Eligible due to Interagency Career Transition Program (ICTAP)
- Eligible under Veterans' Employment Opportunity Act (VEOA)
- Veterans with a service-connected disability of 30% or more
- Eligible for military spouse preference under Executive Order 13473
- Priority Placement Program, Program S (Military Spouse) registrants referred through the Automated Stopper and Referral System (ASARS) for this position
- Serve as Transportation Assistant providing information and advice to military and civilian personnel in regards to their entitlements for shipment and storage of personal property.
- Determine and advises entitlements or procedures related to temporary storage of goods, weight allowances; prohibited items; and shipment of personal property including various methods available.
- Receive, review and processes correspondence, orders, and applications to move property from residence and non temporary storage.
- Advise personnel of procedures and preparation for shipment of personally owned vehicles.
- Compose and type in draft form, correspondence, messages, and memorandums relating to shipment of property.
- Serve as contact point for resolving problems related to assigned moves.
- Occasional Travel
- Position may require up to 10% Business Travel.
- The position requires a Secret security clearance.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: experience with transportation rules, regulations, personal property shipments/storage, quality assurance regulations, basic office automation and automated transportation systems. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-06).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
- Knowledge of Personal Property Shipments
- Knowledge of Transportation Operations Programs
- Skill in Communication
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower or second lower grade (or equivalent).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
Other Requirements: Click here for expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- A Secret security clearance is required.
- Position may require up to 10% Business Travel.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program.In addition to your take-home pay, your comprehensive compensation/benefits package will include most of the benefits described in the USAJOBS Resource Center.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitantinformation sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472169600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $44,941.00 to $58,428.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-2102-07/07
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Control Number: 472169600
Job Announcement Number: NCAS171079131974416