Sirius Computer Solutions Technical Consultant - VMware (NSX) - Must have TS/SCI in Chantilly, Virginia
Senior Technical Consultant - NSX
LOCATION: Chantilly, VA
Force 3 is currently searching fora Senior Technical Consultantto work on our client site and provideonsitesolutions andsupport to internal customers. Force 3 is looking for you!
But first, who is Force 3? Force 3 is THE network security company. We provide infrastructure services to design, deploy, support and maintain our clients’ technology needs. This includes collaboration, compute and wireless.
CLEARANCE REQUIREMENT: Active Top Secret S ecurity clearance with SCI, must have at time of hire
- Implement NSX solution and provide NSX implementation subject matter expertise to system consolidation project
- Provide principal level Tier 3 network engineering in support of project team
- Install, configure, harden, and implement secure solutions utilizing NSX, vSphere,vSAN, andvSOM
- Design and develop secure network engineering plan for system consolidation project and document detailed network topology within system design document
- Set up network infrastructure utilizing best practices for port security, protocol routing, DMZ set-up, and ACL configuration by utilizing all applicable layers within the OSI model
- Execute NSX network solution to support a Microsoft OS environment to include Windows 2008/2012 R2 Server, SQL Server 2008, SharePoint 2010, Active Directory, DHCP, WSUS, Exchange 2010, Windows 7 and Cisco networking
- Engineer solution to allow for network data transfer for designated system and cybersecurity applications
- Implement network solutions within the NIST Risk Management Framework
- Provide subject matter expertise support forVMwareissues and troubleshooting
- Work within a hybrid agile and SDLC execution model to deliver assigned tasks on scope and within schedule as two-week iterations to Project Manager
- Provide basic support for Cisco routers and switches
- Help ensure optimal network performance
- Upgrade network recommendations and ensure servers and network devices/applications are functioning and configured properly
- Provide support outside of normal business hours for emergencies
- Work daily 8-hour shift onsite within core hours of 0700-1700 M-F
- Bachelor’s degree with 7-9 years of experience in a related field or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience withVMwareNSX, vSphere,vSAN, andvSOM
- Experience with software based routing, switching, ACLs, ports and protocols
DoD 8140/8570 qualified; minimumSecurity+CE
- Network certification; CCNP a plus
- Cisco experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 20lbs.
- Must be open to up to limited local travel
Force 3 is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. citizenship is required for most positions and selected applicants will be subject to a background check and/or government security investigation.
Benefits you will receive:
- Health, dental and vision coverage
- 15 days PTO (vacation and discretionary leave)
- Paid federal government holidays
- Training reimbursement
- Educational reimbursement
Force 3 is a Cisco Gold Partner, IBM Premier Business Partner, Dell EMC Business Partner, NetApp Star Partner,SplunkElite Partner, Palo Alto Networks Diamond Partner,VMwarePremier Partner and Tenable Platinum Partner, with offices in Crofton, MD and Herndon, VA.
Come join us and become the force behind Force 3!