Vencore Systems Engineer II - Cloud in Chantilly, Virginia
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
The Systems Engineering & Integration for the National Systems for Geospatial-Intelligence program delivers full life-cycle systems integration and engineering services to the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA). SEIN is chartered to provide strategic and technical leadership for many of NGA’s highest priorities, including developing acquisition strategies that support the Agency’s transition from legacy systems to enterprise services.
- Responsible for maintaining data integrity of database, identifying gaps in required data and identifying needed business rules
- Work closely with developers and DB admins to design new business rules, and oversee their implementation
- Sharepoint development and maintenance of existing site (high traffic, including internal and external customers)
- Frequent interactions and presentations to the customer, often acting as a liaison for key stakeholders
- Develops and executes to large scale communication plans for customer outreach
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or related technical field, or equivalent experience
1+ years of systems engineering, systems integration, or systems development and/or systems integration experience including 1+ years of related experience with industry or the IC
Experience across a range of activities to include some of the following: Strategic Planning, Roadmaps, Concept/Capabilities/Requirements Definition, Enterprise Architecture
- Experience authoring high-level agency documents such as strategic plans, CONOPS, business plans and briefings for seniors
- Excellent customer handling skills and ability to establish effective customer relationships with senior level government personnel
- Demonstrated ability to develop and present effective technical presentations to senior management; must possess strong written and verbal communications skills
- Advanced degree in Engineering or Information Technology
- AWS Certified Architect
- PMP, INCOSE, and/or SAFe agile certifications
- 5+ years of technical leadership experience with IC mission projects in a multi-contractor, military and civilian government environment
- Understanding of meta-modeling
Job ID 2017-46736
of Openings Remaining1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI
Employee Type Regular
Desired Experience ..
Time Type Full Time