Northrop Grumman Engineer 2 in Chantilly, Virginia
Requisition ID: 17014185
Location(s): United States-Virginia-Chantilly
US Citizenship Required for this Position: Yes
Relocation Assistance: No relocation assistance available
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is seeking an energetic multi-disciplined engineer with a background in electronics, RF Engineering, networking, and system design/integration/maintenance. Candidates must be able to work in a fast paced environment with minimal supervision.
This position is based out of Chantilly, VA and requires CONUS travel 25% to 50% of the time to both government and commercial installations. Candidates must be willing to work extended hours during mission critical time periods. Position requires excellent oral and written communications skills; strong analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills; and proficiency with various types of test equipment and software packages.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities include:
• Test/troubleshoot/repair complex electronic systems (communcation equipment, system power, RF )
• Mechanical assembly/integration
• System integration – cable routing, power distribution, signal distribution, RF distribution, network configuration
• Develop, execute and document system test procedures
• Document system configuration (interconnect drawings, network diagrams, flow charts)
• Basic understanding of computer communications protocols (Ethernet, RS232/422)
• Basic understanding of wireless technology (Cellular, WiFi, RF data links, etc..)
• Knowledge of RF test equipment such as VNA, Spectrum Analyzer, and Signal Generators
• Experience with electronic test equipment (multimeter, O-scope)
• Experience with Windows and Linux/UNIX operating systems
• Basic antenna theory
• STEM degree with at least 2 years of work related experience. Must be eligible to obtain Top Secret clearance.
• Mechanical design experience a plus
• Experience with aircraft/airborne systems a plus
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Title: Engineer 2
Requisition ID: 17014185