Field Operating Offices of the Office of the Secretary of the Army Financial Systems Analyst in Arlington, Virginia
About the Agency
The United States Army Financial Management Command (USAFMCOM) is a field operating agency under the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Financial Management & Comptroller (ASA (FM&C;)) whose mission is to provide finance support and liaison to Army commands, component commands, direct reporting units, installations, and tactical units, as well as the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS), on matters pertaining to the adequacy of finance policies, systems, and reporting requirements. USAFMCOM also performs Army-wide or Army-unique actions such as financial management unit technical training, electronic commerce, and classified finance and accounting oversight.This position is being announced using the USA Staffing Application Manager system. Please click the How to Apply tab for instructions on applying for this position.
- Determines requirements, establishes priorities, and certifies task completion work with the GFEBS systems integrator, Resource Services Washington and DFAS business process team during the implementation, sustainment, and post deployment of the GFEBS solution.
- Assists in defining actual process operations and operational steps to be executed by users of the solutions.
- Determines the impact of new business processes on existing organizational structures, recommends critical changes to optimize operations within new systems, as well as works policy changes associated with business process reengineering (BPR) activities.
- Defines, documents, and manages the results of BPR efforts and recommends a course of action consistent with financial management policies, objectives and regulations.
- Coordinates with senior leaders and support activities to provide expert advice and guidance to decision makers on business process reengineering initiatives.
- Occasional Travel
- You may be expected to travel for this position.
- You may qualify for reimbursement of relocation expenses in accordance with agency policy.
- U.S. Citizenship or National
- Background Investigation
- Suitable for Federal Employment
- Registered for Selective Service (if applicable)
- Financial Management Certification
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-11 ) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required. Specialized Experience is defined as experience contributing to the design, development, testing, supporting end users, and/or carrying out essential functions for the General Enterprise Business System GFEBS), SAP, or other relevant Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system. Also, experience with SAP/ERP Help Desk operations with focus on effective prioritization and timely resolution of critical issues. Volunteer Experience: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual, community, student, social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Education is not substitutable for specialized experience for this grade level.
Background or Security Investigation:This position required a Secret clearance. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
What To Expect Next
The occupational questionnaire and the resume that you submit will be used to assess your qualifications for the job, and to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps has been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation. Application of Veterans Preference:The Category Rating Method does not add veterans' preference points or apply the "rule of three," but protects the rights of veterans by placing them ahead of non-preference eligibles within each category. Preference eligible's who meet minimum qualification requirements and who have a compensable service-connected disability of at least 10 percent must be listed in the highest quality category, except when the position being filled is scientific or professional at the GS-9 grade level or higher. A selecting official may make selections from the highest quality category (Best Qualified) provided no preference eligible in that category is passed over to select a non-preference eligible in that category unless the requirements of 5 U.S.C. 3317(b) or 3318(b) are satisfied. All information included in the resume and Occupational Questionnaire is subject to review and verification. HR will review your resume and supporting documentation to ensure you meet the minimum qualification requirements. Applicants meeting the minimum requirements will be further evaluated by information provided in the Occupational Questionnaire. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have misrepresented your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position and, if you're already an employee, you may be subject to disciplinary action up to and including removal from Federal service.
Review our benefits
- Competitive wages, flexible schedules and one of the most comprehensive benefits packages found in either government or private sector. These extraordinary benefits encompass health, pay, work/life balance, growth & learning.
- PCS May Be Authorized. Relocation, Recruitment, and Retention Incentives May Be Authorized.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from the DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 90 days of the closing date.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or be exempt from Selective Service (see http://www.sss.gov)
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives.)
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP) Priority Consideration: If you are a displaced Federal Civil Service employee and attain a rating of at least 85 or are placed into the middle quality level category of "Highly Qualified" under category rating procedures, you may be entitled to receive special priority selection under the ICTAP. For more information on ICTAP, click here ICTAP Guidance. NOTE: If you have never worked for the Federal Government, you are NOT ICTAP eligible.
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
- This position requires a Level II FM Certification IAW Public Law 112-81 and DoD Policy. The DoD FM Certification is a condition of employment and also requires completing continuing education and training (CET) requirements. Failure to fulfill the certification and CET's may result in a position reassignment or other adverse administrative action which can include dismissal.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472478300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $79,720.00 to $103,639.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0501-12/12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: All US citizens.
Control Number: 472478300
Job Announcement Number: D-USAFMCOM-10019321-17